Sunday, February 5, 2012

Lend a Helping Hand!



Even though my beloved Packers aren't in this year's big game, I'll still be watching said big game with lots of food and drinks available. I think I can tolerate Tom Brady and the Giants' mouthy D-line long enough for that. Should be fun.

But because of my full day, I won't be putting up any blogs. Instead, I'd like to appeal to those who have already read some of my stuff, or the few of you who've begun following my RSS feed or Twitter (I still can't believe I got a Twitter... the things I do for you guys...). Firstly, thank you. It goes a long way to have your site advertised by others free of charge. But secondly-- and I'm going to get a little greedy here-- we need more.

Don't get me wrong; I'd love to spout opinionated blogs for a few close friends and nothing more. I've done it on AiB for over a year. But I have bigger plans this time around. I've said it before: I want to make this site something special, something bigger. In order to do that, it needs exposure to people outside my immediate friends or usual communities. What I need is a few bored readers with nothing better to do taking to Twitter, or Facebook, or Google+, or their own usual sites/forums. Hell, I'll even make up sigs to use if you'll use them. To put it simply, if you'd like to see the site grow and have more content made, just tell your friends. It's simple.

Like this one.
You see that view counter over on the right? That counts how many views the blog has gotten that aren't from my IP, but only for a week at a time. The one problem is that it counts for every link you click (so if you came here via the main page, then clicked this post, that's 2 counts, etc.). Nearly half of my visitors have come from AiB, while a fourth have come from Capcom-Unity. Here are the goals I'd love to see happen by the end of February:

  • We hit 1,000 views in one week.
  • We get new traffic sources that aren't from my own communities.
  • We get at least 10 blog members (you can subscribe at the right).
Think we can do it? Is there any way I can motivate you to try? (God, that sounded strangely promiscuous...) Let me know in the comments.

And enjoy the Super Bowl, American readers.

5 comments:

  1. I will post this on facebook, let's hope they don't confuse your afroness with mine!

    Also did spellman did that drawing of yours? The one on the botton-left corner of the site? Sure looks like his style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks man!

    Spellman made a lot of art for C2C, and gave me permission to reuse it. I'm still trying to figure out the best way to lay it all out, though. Any of the grey cartoonish images with the Batman beanie are from him, though.

    I'll also be advertising for his site once I figure out where to put it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quite. Also I am surprised you haven't blogged about the Superbowl's game yet. (Unless you are currently writing it.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm avoiding it because I'm still not over the fact that the Packers' awesome season was once again foiled at Lambeau Field by a low-seeded Giants team. It's painful.

    I'm working hard on a Dragon Age II essay but my thoughts are everywhere, not really honed in on anything. I may put it on the backburner and throw something different up for today. Poog's begging for something based on Gears lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You could blog about Capcom ruining Leon S Kennedy by making him more stoic by every appearance he makes.

    I miss the goofball that was Resident Evil 4's main character.

    ReplyDelete

Got something to say? Say it.

Welcome to Staindgrey's gaming, etc. blog! Be sure to check out this post to help determine what's in store for this blog!

X