Monday, January 30, 2012

And so, it begins...

Hello, yet nonexistent followers. I'm not sure how to start this thing off with a bang. So...


...that'll have to do.

In all seriousness, I'm hoping that this venture will turn out to be worthwhile. I'm seriously considering applying for some sort of gaming journalism job, but would like a little experience in writing within the medium before doing so. I'd also like to cut down my absurd amount of time frequenting forums like AiB, BSN, Epic, Unity, etc. (which is precisely from where most of my initial followers will likely know me anyway).

So, what can you expect from taking time out of your busy day to come here? Well, here's what I'm planning...



  • Daily updates of some kind, whether posting a great song I found, or a piece of gaming news that's important in some way, or an actual hot topic article of some kind, I want to keep this place updated and relevant. Subscribe, and hopefully this will be the case.
  • In-depth, homemade semi-essays of my own on some sort of topic that's on my mind at least once a week. Whether or not these topics I choose are important to you, I have no idea. But if you're following me, you'll likely be looking for topics like videogame structure and development, social norms and the media, the state of the current rock/alternative scene, the classic Windows vs. Mac debate (Linux wins), or anything else of that nature. I'll try to be broad to keep everyone interested, promise.
  • Some sort of regular article to create, much like my Staindgrey: Coast to Coast creations on AiB back in the day. I miss having regular readers and mail bags and, basically, reader feedback. I'll roll with what you guys like, and create something to attract your friends. Be sure to post on things you enjoy so I know to keep trying that route!

All that said... Just enjoy what I put up. If you don't, no biggie. Find another blog. I'll run with this as long as people keep reading. And if not, well... I'll get the hint pretty quickly.

Just for the sake of bulking up, I'll be reposting some things I created on AiB and elsewhere this first week, just to share some opinionated essays of mine with the rest of the world first. But new stuff is coming shortly, long as work and social obligations provide the time.

Stay snazzy, people.

-- Grey


[Note: Totally taking suggestions on a better finishing catchphrase than "stay snazzy people".]
[Note#2: These suggestions should not include Anchorman references. Thank you.]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? Say it.

Welcome to Staindgrey's gaming, etc. blog! Be sure to check out this post to help determine what's in store for this blog!

X